Missing Dad’s Remains Found Years After Family Dispute, Son Questions Earlier Police Search

0
2

Human remains found some eight months ago in South Carolina have now been identified as belonging to a 47-year-old man not seen since 2020, authorities said.

In a Thursday, Feb. 19, news release, the Berkeley County Coroner’s Office said that the skeletal remains were discovered on June 19, 2025, near Stoney Landing Road in Moncks Corner.

The Moncks Corner Police Department and the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office assisted the coroner in recovering the remains.

Following DNA analysis, the remains were positively identified as Charles Litchfield, also of Moncks Corner. “The cause and manner of death are undetermined,” the coroner said.

According to The Post and Courier, Litchfield had been involved in an argument with a family member he was staying with on Dec. 13, 2019. Litchfield left the apartment that night and never returned. His son reported him missing a few weeks later, adding that he had been known to have seizures, per the newspaper, citing a police report.

In a statement shared with ABC affiliate WCIV on Thursday, Litchfield’s son, Caidan, said: “It’s strange. I don’t see my dad just not calling me or at least messaging me, we were very close.”

“And the area he was found in,” Caidan continued, “that’s wild being I had that entire area swept by the police a week after he went missing. It’s just very odd and I’m kinda puzzled by it.”

We contacted the Moncks Corner Police Department and Caidan Litchfield on Friday, Feb. 20, but did not receive immediate response.

The post Missing Dad’s Remains Found Years After Family Dispute, Son Questions Earlier Police Search first appeared on Voxtrend News.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here